HEALTH & SAFETY
Ensuring the highest levels of Health & Safety is at the heart of everything we do.
Cilantro H&S Vision is encompassed in four main elements:
- CDM H&S Regulations - Design
- Site Safety First
- Extensive H&S Development
- Continuous H&S Development
“We all have a responsibility to fully participate when it comes to on site safety and we must ensure that everyone working for us and all other contractors working alongside us can come into work each morning, work throughout the day and go home again safely without the risk of having an accident or being injured at work.”
Regular internal and external audits helps us maintain compliance not only with relevant HSE legislative requirements but with our own high internal standards.
Cilantro’s vision is to progressively lower environmental impacts through a policy of effecting continual improvement and change in accordance with developing knowledge and changing environmental requirements.
- Continual improvement in our environmental performance and sustainability management.
- Minimise the risk to the environment through best work practices.
- Comply with all environmental legislations, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the construction industry.
- Ensure that vehicles and equipment used are well maintained, clean and are always operated within the legal limits.
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Reduce the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste and recycling.
- Meet our duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery of disposal waste.
Cilantro's Quality Management and Document Control Department brings to each Project at least one Accredited Quality Assurance Engineer and one Document Controller to undertake all the Documentation Flow with our Clients.
“Quality is not an act, it is a habit. We have implemented QA processes and procedures and we religiously follow them on a daily basis to ensure we have delivered our services to the best possible standard”.
Cilantro Engineering is committed to:
- Maintain compliance with all relevant legislation and approved codes of practice applicable to the Quality
- Policy as a minimum, and to monitor new developments to continually improve the Quality performance standards.
- Make Quality an integral part of the Company management.
- Involve and consult with employees and where appropriate their representatives, to effectively communicate on Quality matters.
- Review the Quality Policy on an annual basis, and implement appropriate improvements.
During project handover Cilantro's Commissioning Engineers demonstrate system functionality and control on all integrated systems. We provide detailed operation and maintenance manuals to aid the appointed facilities management company.
- 24 hour Support and Call-Outs.
- Detailed user friendly manuals.
- Professionally trained teams of Trades people.
- Online access to queries.
We understand the importance of providing a first class Aftercare and support services to all our customers. We aim to deliver a defects free product and we set-up user friendly systems, manuals and procedures to ensure the smooth transition to owner and occupier.
Cilantro provide 24h support on all installations which is managed by a proactive Aftercare Team.
BSC OHSAS 18001
Achilles Building Confidence
Gas Safe Register
ISO 9001 UKAS Accredited
ISO 14001 UKAS Accredited
Cilantro Engineering UK Limited is committed to driving out acts of modern day slavery and human trafficking within its business and that from within its supply chains, including sub-contractors, agencies and partners. The Company acknowledges responsibility to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and will ensure transparency within the organisation and with suppliers of goods and services to the organisation. These as well as the suppliers of services make up the supply chain within Cilantro Engineering UK Limited.
As part of the companies’ due diligence processes into slavery and human trafficking the supplier approval process will incorporate a review of the controls undertaken by the supplier. Imported goods from sources from outside the UK and EU are potentially more at risk for slavery/human trafficking issues. The level of management control required for these sources will be continually monitored.
The company will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in slavery or human trafficking.
The company Directors and senior management shall take responsibility for implementing this policy statement and its objectives and shall provide adequate resources (training, etc.) and investment to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within the organisation and within its supply chains.
A full copy of this policy and a copy of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 will be accessible to all employees electronically and can be obtained from the EHS department upon request.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and published.
This Policy takes into account, and supports, the policies, procedures and requirements documented in our Management Systems, compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007. The implementation and operation of these management systems underline our commitment to this policy. Formal procedures concerning slavery and human trafficking have been established, including disciplinary procedures where they are breached. Additional procedures ensure that this policy is understood and communicated to all levels of the company, and that it is regularly reviewed by the Directors to ensure its continuing suitability and relevance to the company activities.
Signed: Mr. Peter Gaynor, Managing Director of Cilantro Engineering