Health & Safety Policy
At Cilantro Engineering, it is our policy to achieve the greatest practicable freedom from accidents, injuries and ill health through systematic attention to health and safety in all its aspects. Health and Safety programmes will include elements necessary to encourage workforce at all levels to fully co-operate in the accomplishment of these objectives and to perform their activities in a safe manner.
The demands of work shall not be allowed to compromise the safety of Cilantro Engineering personnel or contract staff employed by them. The Company plant, premises, equipment and systems of work will be operated and maintained in conformity with good practice as defined primarily by;
Cilantro Engineering will maintain a culture of regular and measurable improvement with regular management reviews and maintained in compliance with good practice as defined primarily by;
Cilantro Engineering will maintain a culture of continuous and measurable improvement with regular management reviews and maintain up-todate health and safety procedures at all places of work. The policy is reviewed annually. However, if changes in legislation or regulations should occur, the policy will be updated accordingly. The main legislation on which the policy is rooted in, follows below:
- The Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1974.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- The Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations (HSCER) 1996
- The Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
- All other relevant Statutory Regulations.
Responsibility for Implementation
Each employee and sub contractor employee has a personal responsibility for becoming familiar with the understanding of the Cilantro Engineering Health and Safety information. Relevant training and instruction procedures are provided via the Cilantro Engineering Workforce Handbook.
All Managers and supervisors have a responsibility for the well-being of all persons within their area of jurisdiction and to ensure that all approved health and safety policies, procedures, codes of practice and standards are followed. A copy of the policy will be made available on site at all times for all employees to read and familiarise themselves with.
In accordance with this policy, Cilantro Engineering will do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury and damage to property and to protect everyone from predictable work hazards, including the public, insofar as they come into contact with Cilantro Engineering and its products.
In particular, Cilantro Engineering acknowledge the responsibility:
- To provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions taking account of any statutory requirements.
- To provide training and instructions to enable employees to execute their work safely and efficiently.
- To maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to Cilantro Engineering activities and, for the Management, to set an example of self-behaviour.
- To consult with the workforce representatives on health and safety arrangement.
- To make sure that Employees are required to co-operate with the Management in carrying out their statutory obligations with the object of raising and maintaining a high standard of safety performance:
- By working safely and efficiently.
- By using the protective equipment provided and by meeting statutory obligations.
- By reporting accidents that have lead, or may lead to damage or injury.
- By adhering to Company procedures for securing a safe work place.
- By assisting in the investigation of accidents with the object to introduce measures to prevent re-occurrence.
Health & Safety Team